Five months ago, we lost our beloved store mascot and best friend, Cassady. Thirteen years ago on this day, she was born, and we want to celebrate that today; it was in a dusty town in western Georgia, in the home of our friend David, who had taken her mom in as a stray. Unaware that she was days away from giving birth to a litter of ten -- and dying herself -- David suddenly found himself nursing along the entire brood, caring for her pups like they were his own and finding families for each one of them. We'll always be thankful to him and to our dear friends Nina Black and Chip Reid (who are family to Cassady’s little brother Buster, her favorite dog in the world) for directing David to us and entrusting us with Cassady.
We spent twelve and a half years with the most loving, loyal, sweet creature ever to grace this earth. We miss her every day, but today especially.
Rest in peace, sweet girl. We miss you.
1. Lucky You – The National
2. Born For Me – Paul Westerberg
3. Cassidy – The Grateful Dead
4. Now That I Miss Her – Elefant
5. One Man Guy – Rufus Wainwright
6. I Don't Believe in The Sun - The Magnetic Fields
7. 2 Kool 2 Be 4-Gotten – Lucinda Williams
8. Hole in My Life - The Police
9. Sweet Georgia Brown – Ella Fitzgerald
10. Furr – Blitzen Trapper
11. Big Brown Eyes – Old 97’s
12. Wurlitzer Prize (I Don’t Want To Get Over You) – Willie Nelson and Norah Jones
13. Ain’t No Sunshine – Eva Cassidy
14. Keep Me In Your Heart – Warren Zevon
15. Thank You Too! – My Morning Jacket
16. I Just Don’t Think I’ll Ever Get Over You - Colin Hay
17. Dogsong 2 – The Be Good Tanyas
18. I’m The Man Who Loves You – Wilco
19. Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
20. Only Love Can Break Your Heart – Saint Etienne
21. Home – Phillip Phillips
22. She Is Gone – Willie Nelson
Please register in order to submit a comment!