Alicia Sokol writes the cooking blog Weekly Greens, where she has amassed a collection of (mostly) easy recipes geared toward busy people who like flavor and freshness without fuss. Always on the lookout for a whimsical hostess gift or fun - yet functional - addition to her kitchen counter, Alicia recently visited the shop to get an early jump on shopping for her food-loving friends and family. Check out her picks.
1. Stacking Porcelain Cups - I can't decide which I like best! These pretty cups blend gorgeous design and functionality. Who wouldn't want to start the day with one of these?
2. Mossy Mirror - Living greens give a space warmth and life. For me, low maintenance is always best. (In-store only; $130)
3. Modern Sprout Herb Kits - No need to wait until summer for fresh herbs. Grow these herbs on your window sill and enjoy bold, fresh herb flavor year round.
4. Gazelle Head Ring/Jewelry Holder - I've lost count of how many times I've taken my rings off to knead dough or handle poultry only to misplace them temporarily. This adorable little guy solves that problem.
5. Fuzzy Felt Vegetable Ornaments - How cute would these be tied to a kitchen-themed gift?
6. SocialLighter Refillable Lighter - Good bye ugly plastic disposable. Hello, glitter.
7. Woodland Creature Wine Stoppers - When is the last time you kept a woodland animal on top of your wine? That's what I thought.
8. Heart-shaped Spoon Rest - I heart spoon rests.
9. "Spread the Love" Knife - Nice with a jar of homemade preserves.
10. DC Neighborhood Keychains - Give your house guests a key of their own with a mini map of your 'hood as well.
Please register in order to submit a comment!